Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Some comments should be kept to yourself!

I need to vent today…
What gives people the right to make comments about a pregnant woman size or what she is wearing? I think it is really rude and so annoying, especially when the comments are from strangers. They make stupid remarks or just feel that they can touch your belly without asking. The other day at work some client (never met him before) came in and asked me when I was due once I told him he was like “oh wow your huge, I thought you were going to say you are ready to pop any day now?” Well no, that is NOT the case. I was already having a bad day so I told my belly is big because I am retaining a lot of fluid because my baby is sick. He did not know what to say except for “oh but it will be ok right?” No, it is not going to be ok!!! I know he felt awkward but at that point I did not care. I felt bad after but I really get tired of people making comments. It is already hard to answer when people ask when I am due and basic questions, call me hormonal or something but I get really tired of people’s stupid remarks. You have no idea how annoying it is for me.

“Oh that shirt makes you look bigger, you walk funny or you really look like you are having twins!!!” Well I may look a certain way but please keep the comments to yourself! I hope I have never made a pregnant woman feel this way at any point because it is really hurtful. I would like to think that I am pretty good at thinking before I speak. I really hate to make people feel bad. One more thing, a rude person will make a comment and think it is funny and the people that around feel that it is ok to laugh along and agree. Oh I get so mad!!! Just stop, please…. Yes, I know I am big, I wish I could control it but there is nothing I can do about it. I am normally a small framed person so yes I look weird but that is just what my body does if you do not like it then turn away, it is that simple!
I am not asking for a pitty party or anything I just want people to be aware of a pregnant woman’s feelings, especially for the people who know what my situation is. I am already extra sensitive to begin with. I feel so attacked at times and it really, really makes me feel bad about myself. I just want to be home hiding out so I can avoid stupid comments. It is hard for someone to get used to the extra weight gain in such a short time period and that is nothing, once the baby is born it is a whole new round of comments, “You are still carrying the extra pounds maybe you should try this or that!!!” I am so not looking forward to that either but I will worry about that later.

With Julian I was really, really swollen so I had to hear comments about that, now with Sami I am not swollen but my belly is extremely large, I can see that for myself, I can feel the difference but there is nothing I can do to make it any different, sorry people.. This is just the way it is like it or not! Only a couple of more weeks, I can do this…. Right now I am like the little engine that could….. I think I can, I think I can… 

4 comments:

Holly said...

I am sorry that people make comments like that. People think that if you're pregnant you're like free game or something. I didn't really get many comments with Carleigh as I didn't venture out much besides work.

Telling them the reality of your situation is a surefire way to shut them up and make them eat their words. But you shouldn't be put in that position in the first place. I could never imagine making a comment like that to a woman who is pregnant. Those thoughts are better left unsaid IMO.

You can do this! I am behind you!!

Anonymous said...

My wife is 4'11 and pregnant with our first boy. She'd agree with every last word. We found your blog from Paula & Hope's blog. We're sorry to hear about Sami's complications and will be praying for a miracle for your family. Our son has complications as well. We'll add your blog on our blog :) http://www.babyaidensjourney.com

Wodzisz Family said...

Lisette,

I can't believe anyone would say something so inconsiderate...especially at work. I work from home, so the only ones that say anything to me are my boys and I think it is easier that way. I would be mad too if someone said something about how big I was when I was pregnant - you are supposed to gain weight!

I know how hard the last few months are and that makes the comments that much harder, but you look awesome in your pictures. I gain weight everywhere when I am pregnant and wish I had your cute baby bump.

Take care of yourself and your family. You are all in my thoughts and prayers every day.

Love,

Paula

Laura said...

I am so sorry you are having to add this to your already aching heart. People just don't think sometimes.

Keep wearing Sami proudly! I am praying for you and think of you often.

Sending love!

Post a Comment